Thursday, August 23, 2007

Our Journey begins with a few Margarita's and a Blue Parrot

(Picture to the left is the infamous "Blue Parrot" Restaurant and Bar).
Matt and I met about 9 months after I had moved back to East Hampton to be with my family.

I had finished College (after 5 years and a transfer to the "dirty" south!) and came back to EH for a summer of relaxation and to make some quick $$. As the summer came to a close and I began to plan my return trip down south, I came into some very interesting job offers. While working in the Restaurant at East Hampton Point, where I had been employed for 7 summers prior, the Cottage office was in dire need of an extra hand with Hotel bookings throughout the fall and winter seasons; And the company had another restaurant in the works (which would later be named Citta Nuova) and was looking for some immediate help during the first few weeks of opening. Needless to say, my trip back to South Carolina was put on hold.

While employed at the cottage office, I was also working part time at the local Tanning Salon, hostessing on weekends and helping my Aunt transport her children to and from school and extra-curricular activities. One of my customers at the Tanning Salon said that she had someone she wanted me to meet.... HE actually wouldn't agree to be set up with me until he saw a picture. (I guess Miss Match Maker has failed in the past! Lucky Me!). So with one click of a camera, we were meeting at The Blue Parrot (which is now gone, and has been bought by Ralph Lauren), AND to top it off, it was Karaoke night! I had a Margarita or two in Sag Harbor before arriving, so I only stayed long enough to swap phone numbers, and listen to Matt's Rendition of "Friends in Low Places". (There was also this great Lynard Skynard cover band playing at the Talkhouse, and I couldn't miss that... seeing I was the Talkhouse JUNKIE that winter!). We made a date for the following week.

No comments: